中文
English

如何提升你的英国大学申请竞争力?

2026-03-12
聚焦英国
downloaded-image.jpg
bd46e20f1c432c3c650595cab540352a.png
微信图片_20260119191105_55_6.jpg
图片

For students from China applying to Cambridge or other top UK universities, super‑curricular activities are especially important. UK admissions tutors want to see not just good grades, but also evidence that you genuinely enjoy your subject and can think independently.

对于申请剑桥大学或其他英国顶尖大学的中国学生来说,超课程拓展活动尤其重要。英国大学的招生导师不仅看重你的成绩,更希望看到你对学科的真正兴趣,以及你独立思考的能力。

图片
超课程拓展活动
图片

A super‑curricular is anything you do to explore your subject beyond the classroom. Examples include reading academic books or articles, attending online lectures, listening to podcasts, doing internships, joining competitions, or exploring topics that go beyond the school curriculum.

超课程拓展指的是在课堂之外主动延伸和深入你所学科目的任何活动。例如阅读学术书籍或文章、参加线上讲座、听播客、参加实习、参与竞赛,或学习课堂以外的主题。


However, in the UK system its not enough to list what you have done. What matters is how you think about these experiences and what they show about your motivation.

然而,在英国的招生体系中,仅仅罗列你做过的事情是不够的。关键在于你如何思考这些经历,以及它们如何体现你对学科的热情和主动性。

图片
图片

Here are some guided questions designed especially for those who would like to write a successful personal statement for a top university:

以下是一些为申请顶尖大学、撰写高质量个人陈述而设计的指导性问题:

图片
图片

1. How does this activity relate to the course you want to study?

    这个活动与你所申请的课程有什么联系?



·         Which part of the course does it deepen your understanding of?

它加深了你对课程中哪些内容的理解?

·         Did it help you discover a topic you want to keep exploring?

它是否让你发现了自己想继续深入的主题?

·         Did it change your thinking about the subject?

它是否改变了你对该学科的看法?





UK tutors expect curiosity, not perfection.

英国导师更看重你的好奇心,而非完美答案。




图片

2. What is your opinion of the ideas you encountered?

     你对接触到的观点有什么看法?



         Do you agree or disagree with the author, lecturer, or argument?

你是否同意作者、讲师或文章中的观点?

         Why?

为什么?

         Can you explain your view using examples or logic?

你能否用例子或逻辑来解释你的观点?





UK universities value critical thinking, which is not always emphasised in schooling.

英国大学非常重视批判性思维,而这在国内教育中不一定是重点。




图片

3. How does this link to something else youve studied or explored?

  这项活动与你学习过或探索过的其他内容有什么联系?



         Does it connect to your A‑levels, IB, or Chinese high school subjects?

它是否与A‑levelIB或中国高中课程相关?

         Does it relate to another book, lecture, podcast, or piece of research?

它是否与其他书籍、讲座、播客或研究内容相关?

         Can you compare two authors or viewpoints?

你能否比较两位作者或两种不同观点?




Showing connections demonstrates academic maturity.

展示联系体现你的学术成熟度。





图片

4. Can you offer any critical comments?

你能提出任何批判性评价吗?



         What are the strengths or weaknesses of what you read or watched?

你阅读或观看的内容有哪些优点或不足?

         Is there anything you felt the author missed?

作者是否遗漏了什么重要内容?

         Does it raise questions you would like to research further?

它是否引发了你想继续研究的问题?




Admissions tutors love to see that you can evaluate ideas, not just absorb them. 招生导师非常喜欢看到你能评价知识,而不仅是接受知识。














Why this matters for Chinese applicants?

          为何这对中国申请者尤为重要?

图片



Many Chinese students are very diligent in their studies, but top UK universities also want to see how you think independently and reflect on your super‑curricular activities. Developing your own opinions, making connections between ideas, and showing curiosity about your chosen subject will make your application stand out in a highly competitive environment.

许多中国学生在学业上非常勤奋,但英国顶尖大学同样希望看到你是否具备独立思考能力,并能反思自己的超课程拓展经历。发展自己的观点、展示对不同思想之间联系的理解,以及表达你对学科的好奇心,将使你的申请在激烈竞争中脱颖而出。




图片


               


阅读0
分享